Water Wise Gardening
- The biggest potential for water savings is outdoors.
- While a 15 minute shower uses 30 gallons, watering an average lawn for 15 minutes uses 700 gallons!
- Use water wise plants the garden and landscape areas.
- Make sure your sprinklers don't overwater or spray onto hard surfaces.
- More information can be found here: http://www.sb.watersavingplants.com/sb.php
Green Gardener Program
The Green Gardener Program for Santa Barbara County educates local gardeners in resource efficient and pollution prevention landscape maintenance practices. The Green Gardener Program is a regional program designed to offer education, training, and promotion of participating gardeners and landscape maintenance contractors.
Here's an updated list (updated June 2016) of the Certified Green Gardeners in Santa Barbara County.
City Hall Landscape Makeover
Completed in September 2015, this project was a culmination of City staff and landscape architect design ideas, a conservation corps grant and crews to help with the tear-out and installation of new drought-tolerant landscape and hardscape.
- Santa Ynez Valley Botanic Garden
- SB County’s Mulch Program
- Garden Wise TV Show
- Watch Online Videos on Efficient Watering